Our client – an international engineering company with a production facility in the Czech Republic is looking for a Senior Technical Buyer.
The company is delivering projects, where each project is designed specifically to the needs of the clients. The primary purchasing activities are therefore connected to projects. This means a very close cooperation with the engineering and design department is needed.
The role is to build up a structured and professional procurement process. The focus in the position is both strategic and operational.
Areas of responsibility:
- Operational procurement and strategic sourcing of allocated product groups of supplied materials, systems or products, with a focus on quantity, quality, delivery and price.
- Sourcing and procurement of technical components, systems, equipment, machinery and services.
- Inclusion of suppliers in the Research and Development phase of the company’s products.
- Market and Cost analysis on existing as well as new suppliers locally as well as internationally.
- Lead sourcing projects to cost optimization.
- Management of process for procurement: requests for quotations, tenders, negotiations and order processing and supply.
- Cost control (pre- and post calculations).
- Technical education preferable university level. Preferred is both a technical and an economical educational background.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of business experience in technical and international procurement and sourcing.
- Preferable within Machinery, Engineering, Metal construction, project procurement.
- Language: Czech, English and German – oral and written.
- Good IT skills and experience with Microsoft products.
- Primarily Excel. Knowledge and experience with Navision may be an advantage.
- Solid focus on processes and good analytical skills.
For further information:
Contact: Senior Consultant Marketa Lieblova at firstname.lastname@example.org