Our Client is a Scandinavian company producing and selling ventilation solutions world-wide. The position of Logistics Manager is focusing on the company’s operations in the Czech Republic. And the position is located in the company’s production plant close to Prague.
Position: Logistics Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
The Logistics Manager is overall responsible for management of all logistics activities within the plant, national and international transport, warehouse and customer service (staff of 75 blue collars and 18 white collars).
Under the Logistics manager and with reference to the Logistics manager belongs several sections each headed by a leader/supervisor (direct reporting of 7 people).
The right candidate in this role:
Leads people by example, motivates them and recommends their further training and development
- Cooperates effectively with other deparments as well as within the Group logistics organization
- Keeps the logistics processes and warehouse operation in harmony with the company strategy and government regulations
- Works hard on the introduction of new, modern logistics methods and optimization of a material flow
- Works on the continuous Cost/Process optimization according to the lean enterprise principles
- Prepares regular reports to the management of the company informing about the logistics and production processes, recommending necessary changes enabling improvement of its efficiency, quality and economy
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
Main responsibilities and objectives:
- Daily management of warehouse team in close cooperation with the warehouse leader.
- Strong focus on Health & Safety, Neatness and Order.
- Securing seamless inbound and outbound flow of materials according to production and delivery schedules.
- Working with continuous improvement to gain productivity improvements within the warehouse operations.
- Securing appropriate level of skills in the warehouse team through regular training and education.
- Working with capacity of the warehouse team in order to provide highest possible delivery performance balanced with required productivity.
- Dealing with required repairs and revisions such as repairs of warehouse technical equipment (rack systems) and forklifts in cooperation with company Maintenance dept.
Managing department of international and local transport.
- Dealing with external providers of transport services, negotiation of transport prices.
- Managing the Customer Service dpt – through its 2 leaders for Export and CZ market – with the goal of achieving harmonized cooperation with Production, Purchase Warehouse and Transport in order to deliver highest possible Delivery Performance to our customers.
- Securing that order administration processes are executed according to approved standards.
- Participation in dealings with customers about delivery terms and required leadtime and stock levels, packing and shipping solutions, claim handlings. No price negotiations.
- Responsibility for keeping and building up good relationships with customers.
Nationality: not relevant
Language: fluent English and Czech/Slovak
IT: appropriate PC skills as well as general knowledge of a modern ERP system
Education: Completed University Degree – min. Bachelor, preferably business administration or engineering
The candidate will have an extensive experience within the area of Logistics/Production Management, at least 3 years in people management position. His management experience should preferably be from the manufacturing or external logistics services area. He should have gained his working experience in an international company and experienced a profound over the border communication with colleagues abroad.
The right candidate will have outstanding people management, communication, coordination and organization skills.
The candidate will be goal-oriented, with strong drive and will be self-motivated. Moreover, has a high ability in communicative and optimistic outlook. Open, flexible and friendly personality as well as a dynamic attitude is paramount. Has to be able to motivate and convey the corporate culture effectively. At the same time he will be able to delegate competencies and distribute assignments in an efficient way.
The right candidate must have a hands-on approach to problem solving and be a first-rate trouble-shooter. He must possess a natural authority and must be able to solve conflicts in a constructive manner.
Furthermore, the candidate must possess the capacity to work well under pressure.
For further information please contact:
Monika Reizerova, Senior Consultant at Husted s.r.o. +420 602 161 770, Reizerova@husted.cz