- Through the years we have trained more than 600 people in Cross Culture Competence Development, Value implementation or ad hoc courses relating to the enhancement of the working environment, motivation of staff, team cooperation and ability to make international teams function together.
- Husted s.r.o. sells and execute either the training directly or we are subcontractors to large multi-national training or relocation companies and provide the training sessions under their name.
- Among the companies who have used the tailor made training services and have had employees going through cross cultural training either provided directly by Husted s.r.o. or provided by Husted s.r.o. on behalf of an international relocation or training company are firms as Atlas Copco, LEGO, Czech Trade, Chr. Hansen, Becker Acroma, Rockwool, EuroCross, Lincoln, Orifarm, Bayer, Bell Helicopters, Novartis, Honeywell, AT&T, LEGO, Chr. Hansen, Becker Acroma, Saint Gobain, Vestas, Caterpillar, DELL, Coloplast, CZ Delta, Faerch Plast, Novo Nordisk, Skanska, Bell Helicopter, Fabory, Novartis, Royal Danish Embassy.
- Reference contacts can be given as soon as we now details of the required training.
- Cross Cultural Competence Development.
In the field of Cross Cultural Competence Development Husted s.r.o,’s expertise lies in the Cultural Integration of People and Processes. We specialize in building the cross-cultural competencies and global leadership skills which employees, managers, leaders and multinational teams need in order to be even more effective in achieving bottom-line global business objectives.
- Developing Global Leaders/Managers
For the organizations working cross many borders. Typically training of a national team how to work with colleagues from a range of cultures and nationalities. Often this training is carried out for departments within logistics, administration, where a larger part of the international work is via phone and e-mails.
- Working With …..
The training could be called “Working with i.e. the Czech Republic” . This training is focusing on direct cooperation between two national teams, or the training of a national team to work with their colleagues from headquarters in another country.
- Living in ……
Training for manager or specialist placed as an expatriate in another country. The training is done for a single employee and maybe his family, before moving to another country.
The contents of the trainings
The one-to-two-day program equips global leaders and managers with the requisite skills to accomplish business objectives worldwide. Global leaders and managers are often required to perform essential tasks overseas/cross-border, from implementing new sales and marketing strategies, to new business development, to recruiting staff for international locations. Cross-cultural competence is an essential skill when conducting business around the globe.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Gain insight into key cultural similarities & differences between their individual styles and those of their diverse counterparts;
- Learn to accurately “read” their international counterparts’ behavior and understand the “why” behind their actions.
- Obtain valuable information about conducting business in specific countries/regions;
- Simulate the kinds of scenes and situations they are likely to encounter in global business interactions;
- Understand key issues involved in distance management and develop strategies to maximize global teams.
- Develop Action Plans to ensure the successful implementation of a key task/responsibility in the next 30 days in a cross-cultural setting.
It is our goal, with every training situation, to strengthen the competences and confidence required of these employees when operating in the international, multi-cultural environment. We help by further developing additional knowledge, skills, strategies, and attitudes for every training participant to handle nearly every scene and situation they encounter.
We know that we cannot anticipate every occurrence. So we approach the training from a different perspective: we equip the participant to “read” their international counterpart’s behavior individually, in each and every scene and situation, and determine the “why” behind the behavior they observe. With this knowledge, they can execute an appropriate response that facilitates a two-way interaction, which is normally a stepping-stone toward accomplishing the bottom-line, business goal.
In the training, if we gave them 20 protocol tips, they would be ready for 20 things; if they find themselves in the 21st situation, they would feel helpless. But if we can give them a new skill, the ability to understand their counterpart’s behavior one at a time, on an individual basis, then they leave the session with the confidence to handle most cross-cultural situations.
We do not want participants to memorize data; or listen to lectures on politics, history or religion. Our theory is that if they can read it in a book, they don’t need to sit in a workshop. Instead, we provide them with learning they can’t get from any book.
We conduct activities/simulations, which require facilitation from a trainer, interaction among participants, and open dialogue that spawns significant and fundamental learning opportunities for the participants.
Trainer on all courses is General Manager Birger Husted. Training can be done in English, German, Czech, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian language.